Thursday, June 12, 2014

FIFA Football World Cup 2014 - Let the games begin!!!

We have only some minutes to the kickoff of the football World Cup 2014 in Brazil!

There are so many interesting players to follow, some known to the big public and on top several rising stars. I'm really looking for the games - even though I will watch only some games from the 64 available ones...

The Finnish broadcasting company YLE www.yle.fi shows all the games in public TV channels in Finland and on top they have pretty good online services. If you understand Finnish, check the pages out.

My favorite is Spain. 6 years ago I was lucky enough to be in Spain when they won the EuroCup 2008 and I can tell you the party was BIG. And that was only the first one from the 3 championships in a row 2008-2010-2012.

If Spain fails, my second vote goes to childhood favorite Brazil, the hosting team. They have excellent players and home crowd, but also huge pressure to perform. 2nd is not enough for them...

The dark horse for me is Belgium with young stars. I hear Belgium is going bananas with the game fever and assumingly the (fool) Belge expect them to be in top 4. No way I say, max positions 5-8 so out from the quarter finals.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN, VIVA ESPAÑA!!!

No comments: